All of us here at Southall Environmental Associates are gearing up for next week’s big meeting for The Effects of Sound in the Ocean on Marine Mammals (ESOMM) – 2022. This is the first year ESOMM will be held in the United States. SEA has teamed up with Duke University and Duke Marine Lab to host this in Beaufort, North Carolina! Find out more about this unique week of discussion by clicking here.
- Urgent International Call for Action to Reduce Human Noise in the Ocean: It’s GAMeON
- New Springer volume just published on animal behavior and sound; SEA’s Brandon Southall included in the chapter on the effects of noise
- Blue whales track upwelling circulation off California…and we now have new tools to track both
- Blue Whales and Sonar: A New Paper Publication in Animal Conservation
- Gearing up for ESOMM-2022: The Effects of Sound in the Ocean on Marine Mammals