You guessed it! SEA’s very own Dr. Brandon Southall has been awarded the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Sea Star for Research! We can’t be prouder. Please read the press release below, describing all five 2021 Sea Star awardees, and how you can attend the honorary brunch on Sunday September 19th!
- Urgent International Call for Action to Reduce Human Noise in the Ocean: It’s GAMeON
- New Springer volume just published on animal behavior and sound; SEA’s Brandon Southall included in the chapter on the effects of noise
- Blue whales track upwelling circulation off California…and we now have new tools to track both
- Blue Whales and Sonar: A New Paper Publication in Animal Conservation
- Gearing up for ESOMM-2022: The Effects of Sound in the Ocean on Marine Mammals