UCSC researcher and SEA colleague, Dr. Ari Friedlaender, tells KSQD community radio about some exciting new research being conducted here in Monterey Bay. How are whale stress hormone levels affected while ocean waters are quieter during a pandemic? Hear this story for yourself by clicking this link! Read about this research project in the Mercury News by clicking here!
- SEA’s President and Senior Scientist, Brandon Southall, contributes to this month’s Acoustics Today
- A 10-year study, just published, on Antarctic killer whale photo ID!
- New Publication by our Duke University collaborator, Will Cioffi, on Cuvier’s Beaked Whale Diving Behavior!
- Local Monterey Bay Research Shows How Covid-19 Pandemic Affects Whale Stress
- Report in ‘Current Biology’ Discussing a Decrease in North Atlantic Right Whale Body Length