UCSC researcher and SEA colleague, Dr. Ari Friedlaender, tells KSQD community radio about some exciting new research being conducted here in Monterey Bay. How are whale stress hormone levels affected while ocean waters are quieter during a pandemic? Hear this story for yourself by clicking this link! Read about this research project in the Mercury News by clicking here!
- It’s Out! After 9 years in the making, the revision of The Marine Mammal Noise Exposure Criteria is available for all
- Differences in whistle types help facilitate recognition between two species of common dolphin
- Killer Whales: Survival of the FATTEST
- And The 2021 Sanctuary Sea Star Award for Marine Research Goes To…
- SEA/DUKE/NAVY Atlantic BRS Study: Our 1st CEE of 2021